Last Updated on May 23, 2022 by Ellis Gibson (B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering)
Are you tired of feeling like you have to go to the dealership every time your key fob battery dies? Well, you’re in luck. This article will show you how to change the battery on your Mercedes key fob in just a few simple steps. You’ll never have to worry about being stranded with a dead key fob again.
So, how to change battery on mercedes key?
The Mercedes key battery is located in the key fob. To change the battery, open the key fob and remove the old battery. Replace it with a new battery and close the key fob.
Let’s dig into it and see what’s inside.
How Do I Replace The Battery On My Mercedes Key?
If your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery is dead, you may be wondering how to replace it. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to replace the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob.
What you’ll need:
– A small flathead screwdriver
– A new CR2032 battery
Step-1. Start by using the small flathead screwdriver to pry open the cover of the key fob. You’ll see that the cover is hinged on one side.
Step-2. Once the cover is open, you’ll see the battery inside. It will be held in place by a small metal tab.
Step-3. Use the flathead screwdriver to gently pry up the metal tab, and then remove the old battery.
Step-4. Insert the new battery, making sure that the positive side (the side with the + sign) is facing up.
Step-5. Replace the metal tab to hold the new battery in place, and then close the cover of the key fob.
And that’s it! You’ve now successfully replaced the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob.
What Kind Of Battery Does A Mercedes Key Fob Take?
A Mercedes key fob uses a CR2032 battery. This is a 3 volt lithium coin cell battery that is very common in remote key fobs. Many other brands of cars also use this same type of battery in their key fobs as well. You can find these batteries at most stores that sell batteries, or you can order them online.
Also, A CR2032 battery is a small, coin-shaped battery that is often used in small electronic devices, like watches, keyless entry fobs, and calculators. These batteries are long-lasting and reliable, making them a popular choice for many devices.
How Do I Change The Battery In My Mercedes Key Fob 2021?
If you have a Mercedes-Benz with push-button start, you have a key fob. This keyless remote allows you to lock and unlock your doors without having to insert a key in the door lock. It also allows you to start the engine by pushing a button, as long as the fob is within range of the vehicle. The key fob battery is what makes this possible.
Over time, the battery in your key fob will begin to weaken. When this happens, you may notice that the range of the fob starts to diminish. Eventually, the fob may stop working entirely. When this happens, it’s time to change the battery.
Changing the battery in your Mercedes key fob is a relatively simple process. You’ll need a small flathead screwdriver and a new CR2032 battery. You can find these batteries at most electronics stores.
To change the battery, start by prying open the back cover of the key fob. You’ll see the battery inside, along with a small metal contact. Gently pry the old battery out and dispose of it.
Next, take the new battery and insert it into the key fob, making sure that the positive side (the side with the plus sign) is facing up. Once the new battery is in place, snap the back cover closed.
Your Mercedes key fob should now be working like new! If you have any questions about changing the battery in your key fob, or if you need help with any other Mercedes-Benz maintenance issues, feel free to contact our service department.
What To Do If Mercedes Key Battery Dies?
If your Mercedes key battery dies, there are a few things you can do to get it working again. Here are a few tips:
1. Try charging the battery. If the battery is completely dead, it might just need a charge. Try plugging it into a charger for a few hours and see if that does the trick.
2. Replace the battery. If the battery is old or damaged, it might be time to replace it. You can find replacement batteries at most electronics stores.
3. Call a locksmith. If you can’t get the key working again, you’ll need to call a locksmith. They will be able to get you into your car and make a new key for you.
What Is The Cost To Replace A Mercedes Key Battery?
If you have a Mercedes-Benz, the cost to replace your key battery will be $180. This price includes the cost of the battery, the key, and the labor.
Where Is The Best Place To Buy A Mercedes Key Battery?
This is a question that we get all the time here at the Mercedes Benz of North Olmsted Service Department. The answer may surprise you, but the best place to buy a Mercedes key battery is actually at your local Mercedes dealership. We know that this may not be the most convenient option for everyone, but it is definitely the best option in terms of quality and price.
At your local Mercedes dealership, you can be sure that you are getting a high-quality battery that is specifically designed for your Mercedes model. This is important because it means that the battery will fit properly and will not cause any damage to your car. Additionally, dealer-installed batteries come with a warranty, so if anything does happen to go wrong, you will be covered.
The price of a Mercedes key battery may vary depending on the model of your car and the dealership you visit, but you can expect to pay between $50 and $100 for a new battery. This may seem like a lot of money, but it is worth it to know that your car is equipped with a quality battery that will last for many years.
If you are looking for a new Mercedes key battery, we highly recommend that you visit your local Mercedes dealership. This is the best way to ensure that you are getting a high-quality battery at a fair price.
How Do You Replace A Key Battery In A Mercedes?
If your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery is dead, you may be wondering how to change it. Here’s a quick guide on how to do just that.
First, you’ll need to locate the small release button on the back of the key fob. Once you’ve found it, press and hold the button down. This will release the back cover of the key fob, exposing the battery.
Next, using a small flathead screwdriver or a similar tool, carefully pry the battery out of the key fob. Be careful not to damage the key fob during this process.
Once the old battery is out, take a look at the size and type of battery that you’ll need to purchase. You can find this information in your Mercedes-Benz owner’s manual.
With the new battery in hand, insert it into the key fob, making sure that the positive and negative terminals are lined up correctly. Once the battery is in place, snap the back cover of the key fob back into place.
And that’s it! You’ve now successfully replaced the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob.
How Do You Replace The Battery In A Mercedes Key Fob For A 2012 Model?
If your Mercedes key fob is not working correctly, it may be time to replace the battery. Here is a quick guide on how to do just that:
1. Start by removing the key fob from the keychain.
2. On the back of the key fob, there is a small screw. Use a small screwdriver to remove this screw.
3. Once the screw is removed, the back of the key fob will come off.
4. Inside the key fob, you will see the battery. Carefully remove the old battery and replace it with a new one.
5. Put the back of the key fob back on and screw it in place.
6. Test the key fob to make sure it is working properly.
If your Mercedes key fob still is not working after replacing the battery, then there may be another issue that needs to be addressed.
How To Change Mercedes Key Battery 2017?
If you own a Mercedes-Benz, chances are you’re not the type of person who settles for mediocrity. You want the best of the best, and that extends to your car’s key fob.
The key fob is an essential part of the Mercedes-Benz ownership experience, and it needs to work properly in order to give you the full range of features and benefits that it’s designed to provide. So what do you do when the key fob battery starts to die?
Here’s a quick and easy guide to changing the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob:
1. Start by taking a look at the back of the key fob. You’ll see a small slot that can be pried open with a flathead screwdriver.
2. Inside the key fob, you’ll find a small, round battery. Carefully remove the battery and make a note of which way it was oriented in the key fob.
3. Pick up the replacement battery and insert it into the key fob, making sure that it’s oriented in the same way as the old battery.
4. Close up the key fob and test it out to make sure that the new battery is working properly.
If you follow these simple steps, you’ll have your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery changed in no time!
How To Change Mercedes Key Battery 2016?
If you own a Mercedes-Benz, chances are you love your car. But what happens when your key fob battery starts to die? Luckily, changing the battery in your key fob is a quick and easy process that you can do at home.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change your Mercedes key battery:
1. Start by taking a look at your key fob. There should be a small screw or release button on the back.
2. Use a small screwdriver or a paperclip to press the release button or unscrew the small screw.
3. This will open up the back of the key fob and expose the battery.
4. Take note of the type of battery that is in your key fob. You’ll need to purchase the same type of battery to replace it.
5. Use a small flathead screwdriver to carefully pry out the old battery.
6. Insert the new battery, making sure that the positive and negative sides are facing the correct way.
7. Close up the back of the key fob and screw or press the release button to secure it.
8. That’s it! You’ve successfully changed the battery in your Mercedes key fob.
How To Change Mercedes Key Battery 2015?
If you own a Mercedes-Benz, chances are you love it for its luxurious feel and performance. But what do you do when the key fob battery starts to die? This can be a frustrating experience, especially if it happens when you’re trying to get into your car.
Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob:
1. Start by locating the small release button on the back of the key fob. This is usually located near the bottom.
2. Press the release button to open the key fob.
3. Inside the key fob, you’ll see a small battery. Carefully remove the old battery and dispose of it properly.
4. Insert the new battery, making sure that the positive and negative sides are facing the correct way.
5. Close the key fob and test it out to make sure the new battery is working.
And that’s it! You should now have a working key fob with a new battery.
What Should You Do If The Key Doesn’T Work After Changing The Battery?
If your key fob isn’t working after you’ve changed the battery, there are a few things you can try. First, check to see if the battery you’re using is fresh and working. If it is, then the next thing to check is the key fob’s connection to the car. If the key fob is loose or damaged, it may not be able to communicate with the car properly. Finally, if none of these things seem to be the problem, it’s possible that the key fob itself is damaged and needs to be replaced.
What Are Some Tips For Changing The Battery?
If your car’s battery is more than three years old, it’s time to change it. Even if it’s not showing any signs of weakness, a battery only lasts so long. Replacing it is easy and inexpensive, and it will save you a lot of headaches down the road.
Here are some tips for changing your car’s battery:
1. Make sure you have the right tools. You’ll need a wrench to loosen the battery terminals, and a screwdriver to remove the hold-down clamp.
2. Disconnect the negative terminal first. This will help prevent any sparks from igniting the hydrogen gas that batteries emit.
3. Raise the battery out of the way. You don’t want it banging around while you’re working, so put it on something soft like a rag or a piece of cardboard.
4. Clean the terminal posts and the battery cable ends. Corrosion can build up on them over time, and that can cause all sorts of problems.
5. Put the new battery in and reconnect the terminals. Make sure the terminals are tight so they don’t come loose and cause a short circuit.
6. Lower the battery into place and secure it with the hold-down clamp.
7. Test it out. Once you’ve reconnected the terminals, start the car and make sure everything is working properly.
If your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery dies, you can easily replace it yourself in just a few minutes. Simply pop open the key fob, remove the old battery, and insert the new one. Be sure to use a battery of the same type and size as the old one. With a fresh battery in your key fob, you’ll be back on the road in no time.