Last Updated on September 22, 2022 by Ellis Gibson (B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering)
If your key fob has stopped working, it may be because the battery is dead. In this article, we’ll show you how to change the battery in your VW Touareg’s smart key.
So, how to change battery vw touareg key?
To change the battery in your VW Touareg 2020 smart key, follow these steps:
1. Locate the small release button on the back of the key.
2. Use a small, flat object (like a toothpick or paperclip) to press and hold the release button.
3. With the release button held down, use your other hand to slide the back cover of the key off.
4. The battery is located inside the key. Use a small, flat object (like a toothpick or paperclip) to press and hold the release button on the battery.
5. With the release button held down, use your other hand to slide the old battery out of the key.
6. Insert the new battery into the key, making sure that the positive side (marked with a + sign) is facing up.
7. Use a small, flat object (like a toothpick or paperclip) to press and hold the release button on the new battery.
8. With the release button held down, use your other hand to slide the back cover of the key back on.
Let’s dig into it and see what we can learn.
Step By Step Process On: How To Change Battery Vw Touareg Key?
Here I will explain you step by step process of how to change battery vw touareg key? let’s see how to change battery vw touareg key.
- small screwdriver
- index finger
- CR2032 battery
First, press the VW logo on the remote to pop out the emergency key. You will see a small spring stop right underneath the logo. Use your index finger to hold it in place while you use your nail to push on the stopper. This will release the emergency key.
With the emergency key removed, your next step is to take the chrome piece off of the remote. There is a small hole in the remote that you can use to take out the chrome piece. Just insert a small screwdriver into the hole and push towards the front of the remote. The chrome piece will just fall off.
Once you have the metal piece removed, you will see another tray inside the remote. Just use your fingertip to slide the tray out and the battery will be right there. This is the CR2032 battery and it is quite common in all car remotes.
To replace the battery, just put it in the tray face down with the positive side facing down. Then slide the tray back into the remote. The red LED will be turned on briefly to let you know the battery is in place.
Next, take the chrome piece and put it back on the tip of the remote. Then press it into place.
Finally, just slide the emergency key back into the slot and the battery replacement is done! Thank you for watching.
If you wanted to watch a youtube video that shows you how to change battery vw touareg key? I have included a video below:
How Do You Change The Battery In A 2017 Vw Touareg Key Fob?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your car key fob until it’s time to change the battery. And then you might be wondering, how do you change the battery in a 2017 VW Touareg key fob?
Here’s a quick and easy guide to changing the battery in your Touareg key fob:
1. Start by removing the key fob from your key ring.
2. Using a small flathead screwdriver, pry open the back cover of the key fob.
3. Carefully remove the old battery from the key fob.
4. Insert the new battery into the key fob, making sure that the positive (+) side is facing up.
5. Snap the back cover closed.
6. That’s it! You’ve successfully changed the battery in your 2017 VW Touareg key fob.
What Kind Of Battery Does A Volkswagen Key Use?
If you have an older model Volkswagen, your key fob probably uses a CR1632 battery. Newer models, made after 1999, use a fob that looks more like a small pod with buttons on one side and a retractable emergency key. In this case, you’ll need a CR2032 battery.
These key fobs are an important part of your Volkswagen’s security system. They help to deter theft and make it more difficult for would-be thieves to break into your car. If your key fob starts to act erratically or fails to work altogether, it’s probably time to replace the battery.
Replacing the battery in your key fob is a simple process. Just pop open the back of the fob and replace the old battery with a new one. If you’re not sure which type of battery you need, consult your owner’s manual or ask a Volkswagen dealer.
An additional, If you drive a VW vehicle that is older and has a key fob that looks like a simple car key for Volkswagen, then it is likely that you need a CR1632 battery. Most newer models that were made after 1999 use a key fob that more closely resembles a small pod with buttons on one side and has a retractable emergency key. For these models, you will likely need a CR2032 Battery.
How Do You Change The Battery In A Volkswagen Key Fob 2018?
If your Volkswagen key fob has a dead battery, you’ll need to replace it. Here’s how:
1. Start by removing the key fob from your key ring.
2. Locate the small hole on the back of the key fob.
3. Insert a small object (a paperclip or pin) into the hole and depress the button inside.
4. This will release the back cover of the key fob.
5. Remove the back cover and take out the old battery.
6. Insert the new battery, making sure the + and – symbols match up.
7. Replace the back cover and you’re all set!
How Do You Change The Battery In A Volkswagen Key Fob 2020?
If you own a Volkswagen, you may be wondering how to change the battery in your key fob. After all, like any other type of battery, the one in your key fob will eventually die. When it does, you’ll need to know how to change it so you can keep using your key fob to unlock and start your car.
Luckily, changing the battery in a Volkswagen key fob is a relatively easy process. All you’ll need is a new battery and a small screwdriver. Once you have those, simply follow the steps below and you’ll have your key fob working again in no time.
1. Start by removing the key chain from your key fob.
2. Use a small screwdriver to remove the back panel of your key fob.
3. Take out the old battery and dispose of it properly.
4. Insert the new battery into your key fob, making sure the positive and negative sides are facing the correct way.
5. Replace the back panel of your key fob and screw it back on.
6. Reattach your key chain and you’re all set!
If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact your local Volkswagen dealership. They would be more than happy to help you change the battery in your key fob.
How To Use Vw Touareg Emergency Key?
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to use your emergency key to enter your VW Touareg, follow these steps:
1. Locate the emergency key. It should be stored in a safe place, such as your glove compartment.
2. Insert the emergency key into the keyhole located on the driver’s door.
3. Turn the key to the unlock position.
4. Open the door and get in the vehicle.
5. Start the engine and drive to your destination.
How Do You Replace The Key Battery On A 2018 Vw Touareg?
If your 2018 VW Touareg’s key battery is running low, you’ll need to replace it. Here’s how:
1. Start by removing the key from the ignition.
2. Locate the small access panel on the back of the key.
3. Use a small screwdriver or other tool to pry the panel open.
4. Inside, you’ll see the key battery.
5. Use a small pair of pliers to remove the old battery.
6. Insert the new battery, making sure the positive and negative terminals are correctly oriented.
7. Close the access panel and reinsert the key into the ignition.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace The Key For A Vw Touareg?
If you need to replace the key for your VW Touareg, it will cost you around $290. This includes the cost of the key itself, as well as programming and cutting the key.
How Do You Replace The Battery In A 2006 Vw Touareg Key Fob?
To replace the battery in a 2006 VW Touareg key fob, you will need to remove the back cover of the key fob. There is a small release button on the back of the key fob that you will need to press in order to remove the back cover. Once the back cover is removed, you will see the battery. You will need to remove the old battery and replace it with a new one.
What Should I Do With My Old Vw Touareg Key Battery?
If your old VW Touareg key battery is no longer working, you can replace it with a new one. To do this, you will need to purchase a new battery and then follow the instructions in your owner’s manual on how to replace it. If you do not have your owner’s manual, you can usually find instructions online or from a local VW dealership.
Can I Recycle My Old Vw Touareg Key Battery?
Yes, you can recycle your old VW Touareg key battery. However, you will need to take it to a recycling center that specializes in recycling batteries. You can find a list of these centers by doing a search online.
What Are The Consequences Of Not Changing The Battery In My Vw Touareg Key?
If you don’t change the battery in your VW Touareg key, the consequences can be serious. The keyless entry and keyless start system may not work properly, and you could end up being locked out of your car. In addition, the battery powers the electronic immobilizer, so if it fails, your car could be stolen.
What Are The Consequences Of Using The Wrong Type Of Battery In My Vw Touareg Key?
If you use the wrong type of battery in your VW Touareg key, the consequences can be serious. The wrong type of battery can damage the key, rendering it useless. Additionally, using the wrong type of battery can also void your warranty.
What Are The Consequences Of Not Properly Disposing Of My Old Vw Touareg Key Battery?
If you do not properly dispose of your old VW Touareg key battery, the consequences can be serious. The battery contains chemicals that can be harmful to the environment if not disposed of properly. Additionally, the battery can leak these chemicals, which can contaminate soil and water. This can lead to health problems for people and animals who come into contact with the contaminated areas.
If you have a 2020 VW Touareg, you may have noticed that the smart key is slightly different than other years. The 2020 model comes with a new feature called Keyless Access with Push-Button Start. This feature allows you to enter and start your vehicle without ever having to take your key out of your pocket. If you’re like most people, you probably don’t even know you have this feature until you go to change your battery and realize there is no key slot to insert a new one. So, how do you change the battery in your 2020 VW Touareg smart key?
The first thing you’ll need to do is locate the emergency key. This key is stored in the smart key itself and is used to open the doors if the battery is dead. To locate the emergency key, look for a small notch on the side of the smart key. Insert a small flathead screwdriver or other thin object into the notch and release the emergency key.
Once you have the emergency key, insert it into the key slot on the side of the steering column. The key slot is located just below the ignition. With the key inserted, turn it to the left and hold it for a few seconds. This will release the battery cover.
With the battery cover released, you’ll see the CR2032 battery. This is the same type of battery used in many watches and other small electronics. To remove the old battery, simply pry it out with a small flathead screwdriver.
To install the new battery, insert it into the battery slot with the positive side facing up. Once the new battery is in place, replace the battery cover and turn the emergency key to the right to lock it in place. You should now be able to start your vehicle without any issue.
If you find yourself in a situation where your smart key battery is dead and you don’t have an emergency key, don’t worry. You can still enter your vehicle and start it by pressing the start button with the key fob in your pocket.
How Do I Replace The Battery In My 2012 Vw Touareg Key Fob?
In order to replace the battery in your 2012 VW Touareg key fob, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Locate the release button on the back of the key fob. This is usually located near the bottom of the fob.
2. Press the release button to open the key fob.
3. Remove the old battery from the key fob.
4. Install the new battery in the key fob.
5. Close the key fob.
6. Test the key fob to make sure the new battery is working.